Many of us go to the cinema or watch a TV show when we spend time with our partners. But it doesn't always create more intimacy when we do these things. Here a five different alternatives. Don't forget that experimentation, being open and trying out new things is the key thing here. Wishing you a great week!
1. Listen to a podcast: I love listening to podcasts and I love recording them as well. But there is something soothing and relaxing when you close your eyes and just listen to something you both find interesting before falling asleep. It feels like listening to a good night story sometimes. The bonus of that activity is that you have something to look forward every evening and that you can discuss about it the next day when you wake up.
2. Read the same book together: Both of you don't have to read the same book at the same time. It helps if you give the other person time to read the book in their own tempo. Books are gateways to other dimensions and give acccess to our emotions and fears. It is always fascinating to hear someone's opinion and learn about their own experience.
3. Play board games: Chess, Monopoly, Scrabble are wonderful games both for your brain and relationship. It is amazing how a game can bring you closer and make you laugh at the same time.
4. Prepare a meal together: In my eyes, there's nothing sexier than seeing a couple doing teamwork. If you love going to the restaurant and seem to end up ordering the same dish, maybe you should learn to prepare it yourself. Your partner could help you with that such as chopping the vegetables, preparing the sauce and who knows, you might even learn from each other and discover other cooking skills secrets....
5. Imitate people and fictional characters: There is something liberating when you imitate someone and it just stays between you and your partner. This activity is not meant to make fun of people, but reminds us that we and our contemporaries take life too seriously sometimes. Laughter brings us back to the moment and happy days make memories that last for a lifetime.